Today our homes and the families that live within them are bombarded with busyness. We go from one function to the next and somehow manage to keep our physical bodies together just long enough to get a meager amount of rest (Third Commandment). It’s one thing to be organized and a productive member to society – it’s another thing to be busy for “busy’s sake”.
I would like to provide an opportunity for every member of First Lutheran Church, as well as our daughter ministry, First Lutheran Preschool/Daycare. What I’m offering is an “Exploratory Youth Forum” to discuss the future and familial involvement of each of you. You may be saying to yourself, my kids are grown and out of the home. You might be saying, I’m too busy to attend a meeting of ideas that will probably never come to fruition. Or you may be saying that I’m not good with the youth. The excuses are endless and some may be valid. What I’m asking is for you to pray about what your involvement in today’s youth can look like and how God might be leading you to step out in faith to serve today’s generation so that they can see what servant-leadership is all about from the examples that we show to them in our own lives.
Here is what we will focus on in this Exploratory Youth Forum (EYF): (for 6th-12th Graders)
– What do we want today’s youth to know?
– What legacy do we want to leave with them?
– How do we intend on relaying these lessons to the youth?
– What can I offer as a member of the Body-of-Christ?
– Do I need to re-prioritize my calendar to take on this new and important ministry?
– Do the events that we have for our youth teach them anything about God? If so, what? If not, why?
– How committed am I to see this ministry succeed for the heath of the families in my congregation?
The first of (hopefully) many discussions will take place on Sunday, May 19th, 2013 between our two worship services (approximately 9:45-10:45 am). We will announce this in the bulletin, in church emails, on Facebook, and at the end of the worship services. Please consider being a part of the conversation and see where God will lead His people for today’s generation. Who knows, you could be the next Joshua or Caleb. Please read Numbers 14 before and after you pray for discernment for your involvement with EYF and may God richly bless you in the process. To God be the glory!